Leveraging data, analytics and automation to transform underwriting in the London market
Automating the extraction and enrichment of unstructured pre-bind data to streamline processes and improve underwriting decisions
The process of underwriting London market risks still relies too much on manual data entry and ingesting unstructured data in different formats. This approach is costly, time consuming and error prone.
However, as digital technologies develop, and advances in data analytics and automation continue at pace, the race is on to enable data-driven underwriting processes that will provide the competitive edge as well as delivering efficiencies.
This breakfast briefing will explore how these technologies are being applied now in the London market, the practical challenges that need to be overcome to achieve success, and future developments in digital underwriting.
Topics to be covered include:
- Moving from traditional paper-based approaches and processes to digital
- Best practices for extracting and enriching submission data
- Applying advanced analytics and models to help underwriters make better decisions in a shorter time
- Strategies for delivering this change across the organisation
08:00 Registration, tea and coffee
08.15 Breakfast of your choice with views over the city
08.40 Introduction by the chair
Overcoming the operational challenges to achieve digitally enabled, data-driven underwriting
- Leveraging technology, data and automation to transform underwriting processes
- Using analytics to improve decision making
- Key criteria to successfully automate underwriting data enrichment from third party sources
- How has this delivered ROI and what have been the lessons learned
09.05 Roundtable discussions and feedback
EXL (NASDAQ: EXLS) is a leading operations management and analytics company that helps our clients build and grow sustainable businesses. By orchestrating our domain expertise, data, analytics and digital technology, we look deeper to design and manage agile, customer-centric operating models to improve global operations, drive profitability, enhance customer satisfaction, increase data-driven insights, and manage risk and compliance. Headquartered in New York, EXL has more than 31,700 professionals in locations throughout the United States, the UK, Europe, India, the Philippines, Colombia, Australia and South Africa. EXL serves multiple industries including insurance, healthcare, banking and financial services, utilities, travel, transportation and logistics, media and retail, among others.
For more information click here